- Workshop Leaders: Lauren Cesiro (Binghamton University), Nancy Um (Binghamton University), and Stephen Whiteman (The Courtauld Institute of Art)
- Thursday, Friday 13, 2020, 2 pm
- Hilton Chicago, Lower Level, Salon C-7
In this workshop, we will discuss the process of understanding art historical research materials as data, working with the software Tableau. It is aimed at art history faculty and graduate students who do not possess experience working with humanities datasets, but wish to visualize or map aspects of their research.
- This workshop will entail a hands-on tutorial. All participants should bring a laptop, fully charged.
- Participants are strongly encouraged to download Tableau Desktop on a two-week trial basis before arriving at the workshop: https://www.tableau.com/products/trial
- Participants are also encouraged to download the presentation (http://bit.ly/CAAWorkshop) and the dataset (http://bit.ly/OurDataset) before arriving at the workshop.